Summer school in Milan (click here for the details!)
We would like to draw your attention on a unique course which is going to be organised at the University of Milan in collaboration with other five European universities. The course will take place from June 27th to July 1st 2016 and is about a summer school on "Performance and Governance of Services of General Interest in the EU: Critical perspectives on Energy, Telecommunications, Transport and Water Reforms".
It would be very helpful if you can support the dissemination of this course throughout your universities and network of contacts in order to inform ambitious students about this opportunity.
The school is supported by the Jean Monnet Network Action within the framework of the project "Services of general interest in the EU: A citizens’ perspective on public versus private provision (EUsers)", http://users.unimi.it/eusers/.
The deadline for the application is March 15th. Maximum 30 students will be selected by the Scientific Committee by April 15th on the basis of CV and motivation letter.
No fee is required for admitted participants and travel costs and accommodations will be covered by Jean Monnet Network.
The school is going to offer:
1. An overview of network industries reform in the EU.
2. A unique focus on public enterprises economics and management (as an alternative to privatization).
3. An international faculty of senior experts from several European Universities
4. Opportunity for interacting with stakeholders from the European Commission and European agencies.
5. Participation at the XV edition of Milan European Economy Workshop.
6. Combination of face-to-face lessons and hands on sessions for ensuring the active participation of students
7. Working groups under the guidance of a tutor and prize for the best working group presentation.
The programme of the school and call for the applications are enclosed to this e-mail.
For more information, please visit http://users.unimi.it/eusers/